0.47 - Alien Nation in 2 weeks from Landing!!

neilwilkes

0.47 - Alien Nation in 2 weeks from Landing!!

Post by neilwilkes »

Dateline Late 2034

Surely this cannot be right?
I deployed troops as soon as they landed in Africa, yet as soon as they get there I get a message 'Alien Nation founded' and my troops are removed from West Africa to Egypt, which is not my country. I am at war with the country they landed in (Declared on landing) yet even now it is the 'Alien Nation' I cannot nuke the bastards. Why? All I get is 'No Valid Target'
So there are now some questions so I can comprehend what just happened to me:
1 - Why was the Nation formed so damned quickly? 2 weeks??
2 - Why were my troops diverted somewhere weird that was not under my control? Why not return them back to the point of departure?
3 - Why can I note Nuke the bastards?

The whole run is now ended, as I cannot seem to attack their Home 'Nation' - which I thought formed excessively fast - about 2 weeks from landing to New Nation seems far, far too fast to mount any sort of response.

Time now to restart a new run.
roman566

Re: 0.47 - Alien Nation in 2 weeks from Landing!!

Post by roman566 »

1. Alien Administration forms once they conquer a single province. Multiple armies with lvl7 tech do that really fast.
2. Alien Administration is a new nation. You have to declare war on them to move into their territory. No idea why your troops got dumped into some random spot.
3. See above, you have to be at war with them o be able to nuke them.

If you ARE at war with them then I guess you have some bug going. I had no issues with nuking them recently, but I had to be at war to do that.
SillySMS

Post by SillySMS »

1) You are probably allied with Egypt, and Egypt was the closest valid place it could send your armies. You can't be on neutral ground, only on own territory, allies, or war-declared enemies.

2) You're going to have to set the Alien Administration as a rival, then use a Set National Policy action to declare war.

3) Really, what is probably the most annoying is when an almost-destroyed alien army manages to escape to a Servant-controlled ally which isn't engaged in war with you; you need to declare another war to invade and root out the recovering alien army.
neilwilkes

Post by neilwilkes »

roman566 wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 2:22 pm 1. Alien Administration forms once they conquer a single province. Multiple armies with lvl7 tech do that really fast.
2. Alien Administration is a new nation. You have to declare war on them to move into their territory. No idea why your troops got dumped into some random spot.
3. See above, you have to be at war with them o be able to nuke them.

If you ARE at war with them then I guess you have some bug going. I had no issues with nuking them recently, but I had to be at war to do that.
I am unable to declare a war against them, it seems.
Ran the 'National Policy' mission, 'Declare War' had a few options, but no Alien Nation (or the equivalent Human name for the territory it was formed in).
It may be caused by this run-through starting a few patches back.....will restart. It's all good early game practise anyway
delor

Post by delor »

neilwilkes wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 11:49 amI am unable to declare a war against them, it seems.
Ran the 'National Policy' mission, 'Declare War' had a few options, but no Alien Nation (or the equivalent Human name for the territory it was formed in).
Did you declare them a rival first?
SillySMS

Post by SillySMS »

Another possibility is that both you and the Alien Administration share an ally with an army or nuclear weapons. If you hover over a nation in the manage-relations UI, it'll usually tell you why you can or can't perform a given action.
neilwilkes

Post by neilwilkes »

delor wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 4:22 pm
neilwilkes wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 11:49 amI am unable to declare a war against them, it seems.
Did you declare them a rival first?
Of course - it's not possible to declare a war if you have not done this first.