Constant stealing - how do I stop it?

neilwilkes

Constant stealing - how do I stop it?

Post by neilwilkes »

I am currently seeing 4 to 8 thefts of research & setbacks to projects every single turn.
How can I defend against this, please?
silburnl

Re: Constant stealing - how do I stop it?

Post by silburnl »

Immediate fix #1: Use your best investigator to locate the thieves and your best spy to put a cap in their ass.

Immediate fix #2: Is there one particular counsellor on your roster that they are targeting? Send them to ground and then work on their Security stat. Also check that they haven't been turned.

Longer term fix #1: Turn a counsellor in the most egregious faction and use the resulting intel to accelerate short term fix #1, above. Also hostile takeovers to strip their orgs away and reduce their stats.

Longer term fix #2: Are you in negative territory for money, MC or resources? Sort that out as the various actions have big bonuses if you aim them at a faction that is in the red.

Longer term fix #3: Move your skunkworks modules away from earth interface orbits so they can't target your projects.
neilwilkes

Re: Constant stealing - how do I stop it?

Post by neilwilkes »

silburnl wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:25 am Immediate fix #1: Use your best investigator to locate the thieves and your best spy to put a cap in their ass.

Immediate fix #2: Is there one particular counsellor on your roster that they are targeting? Send them to ground and then work on their Security stat. Also check that they haven't been turned.

Longer term fix #1: Turn a counsellor in the most egregious faction and use the resulting intel to accelerate short term fix #1, above. Also hostile takeovers to strip their orgs away and reduce their stats.

Longer term fix #2: Are you in negative territory for money, MC or resources? Sort that out as the various actions have big bonuses if you aim them at a faction that is in the red.

Longer term fix #3: Move your skunkworks modules away from earth interface orbits so they can't target your projects.
Some good suggestions there, so one at a time.....
Immediate Fix 1 = I suspect this is why I am getting this, as I have a policy of automatically putting a cap in the head of any councillors who dare to come into my Homeland Nation.

Immediate Fix 2 = I don't know how to tell if it is one councillor in particular being targetted, and it is coming from 3 other factions too.

Long Term Fix 1 = I will give this a try. Tip appreciated.

Long Term Fix 2 = Nope. All in the green.

Long Term Fix 3 = Never thought of that one. Most of my Skunkworks are on Mercury, along with Research Campi/Campuses (?)

The problem is not as bad as I used to think it was, as they still have to actually research it but tip most appreciated.
I'll post back in a few days with results.
Thank You!!